Potential solution to netscape crashing?

Hi all:

I too have been plagued by netscape since moving up to potato. I thought
it was a WM thing, but that wasn't it. I thought it was a netscape
version thing, but it wasn't that either. I moved back to slink, but
*that* wasn't it either! So I decided to remover java support and I
haven't had a problem in the last couple of days (knock on wood).

I was perusing the newsgroups and came across this. There are also
several references to it on deja too. The fix seems to be a strange one,
and particular to a redhat system. The posting is as follows:

> > I'm using Netscape Communicator with RedHat 6.0 on my box and it just dies
> > anytime it has to view a Java applet.  Is there any work-around for this?
> How
> > about installing a Java VM?  Anything would help.  I want to view job
> listings
>
> Common problem. To fix, add
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
> (and, if you have the 100dpi fonts)
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
>
> to the catalogue section of /etc/X11/fs/config
>
> Then restart xfs with /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs restart
>
> See Deja for more.

I took a look at my xfs in init.d and I don't have a catalogue section.
Maybe someone else who knows what theyre doing can try this out and see
if it works?

hth, and tia
--
                                         __   _