Re: communicator 4.6 - ftp bug

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> > > my communicator 4.6 insists of unpacking certain types of files before
> > > saving to hd. this behaviour is not acceptable, therefore i have to use
> > > another version, which will download a file _unchanged_ if demanded.

I have this problem with gz file when it's not tar.gz. Just now I did some
tests and added a mime type to netscape
preferences/navigator/applications:

MIMIEType:   application/x-gzip-compressed
Suffixes:    gz
Handled By:  Unknown:PromptUser

Now it downloads the sane diff file as 17KB compressed, but I have to add
the .gz suffix to the filename in the netscape dialog or rename after.
Netscape seems to insist on stripping the extension.

This is closer. Can anyone improve this?