Re: agp graphics cards with slink

> many computers bought in the last few mounts have agp
> graphics cards.  the x servers that come with debian slink
> seem not capable to handle with them.  how to work around
> this problem?  (possibly without upgrading to potato)

You have three options:

1) recompile X yourself (an option, not a good one likely)

2) go to xfree86.org's site, and just grab the binary server you need, place
it in /usr/local/bin and tell the /etc/X11 files to look there for the server.
This has been discussed on the list, check the archives for lots of detail.

3) I have heard that people are working on a slink version of 3.3.3.1.  You can
wait and see.