Re: Netscape crashing -- a lot.

> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Craig McPherson wrote:
>
> > Are any of the earier versions of Netscape more stable than 4.6?
> > I'm willing to use whatever is stable.  I haven't yet tried earlier
> > Netscapes.
>
> same thing happens to me with 4.51 and 4.08, both linked with glibc2.  i
> think it's a glibc2.1 issue.
>
> anyone have libc5 debian packages for 4.08/51/6?

It's not glibc2.  Netscape 4.6 (Potato) runs fine, at least if you have a Cirrus CL-GD5446 (PCI), kernel 2.2.9 and plenty of RAM.  Look for something else.  And I don't think it's the window manager.  At least, Netscape's okay on Enlightenment.

Have you tried the SVGA X server (acceleration off)?  Does XF86Setup find any parameters specific to your card?  Have you upgraded XFree86 to glibc2?