Re: autofs not autounmounting

Brian Servis <servis@purdue.edu> writes:

> For some reason autofs is not autounmounting the mount points.  Even if
> I explicity define a timeout in the auto.master file for a mount tree
> it never unmounts the filesystem.  And no the filesystem is not in use.
> I am using autofs_3.1.3-1 compiled from the Debian potato sources on my
> slink box with a 2.2.9 kernel.  Does anybody have any hints?
>
> An example of my mount files:
>
> # /etc/auto.master
> /misc   /etc/auto.misc
> /rmd    /etc/auto.rmd
> /ang    /etc/auto.ang
> /bri    /etc/auto.bri
>
> # /etc/auto.rmd
> a       -fstype=auto,uid=0,gid=35,umask=007,rw,unhide,sync,quite  :/dev/fd0
> z       -fstype=iso9660,ro,uid=0,gid=35 :/dev/hdd
>

> Thanks,
> --

I had this problem some months ago, but never found a solution. It
started to work again after some time....

Some Ideas to test:
Does the automounter unmount if you send him USR1 signal? (Worked for me)
Do the logs show something that looks like an error?

As a workaround i had set up a cron job to send the automounter a USR1
Signal to do the unmount.
Ramin