Re: Netscape crashing -- a lot.

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Craig McPherson wrote:
> Anyway, the problem is that Netscape is quite frequently crashing
> with a "bus error."  This usually happens when I close a Netscape
> window (actually, it happens close to half the time when I close a
> Netscape window), which is painful because I have to either live with
> an ever-growing number of pop-up ads or risk a crash.  Netscape
> also crashes when I run very low on virtual memory, with the same
> error.

I just came across something called 'nets' which claims to be a fix for
some Linux Netscape problems:
  http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/www/browsers/nets-2.0.tar.gz

I'm having the same problem that you are.  I haven't had a chance to try
this yet, though.

Greg

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea."  --RFC-1925