Re: acroread --why can't package be installed?

*- On 16 Jun, Barry Kauler wrote about "Re: acroread --why can't package be installed?"

> It's in dpkg's local database, it's on the web package site, I've got a
> relatively new installation that hasn't been messed up in any way,
> I've never installed an earlier version of acroread.
> So, why can't anyone really answer this question?

1) Try doing a manual purge just in case, and post the output if it
   fails.  You should get something like the following(I am using gv as
   an example here):

% dpkg --purge gv
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove gv which isn't installed.

2) Try downloading the package file to your local disk and then manually
   installing with dpkg and post the output to the list.

% dpkg --install acroread*.deb

Be patient, it will get resolved.

--
Brian