Re: Switch console in xterm

*- On 16 Jun, Gareth wrote about "Re: Switch console in xterm"
> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, ktb wrote:
>> Somewhere I heard there exists a program that will allow you to switch
>> "consoles" in an xterm.  In other words it would be like switching
>> consoles with ctrl+alt+F* but from within a single xterm window.  I
>> poked around in the packages at the Debian site but can't find
>> anything.  I don't even know what to call it.  Makes it a little hard to
>> search for:)  Let me know if you've heard of such a thing.
>
> You might be looking for a thing called screen it makes multiple
> consoles(windows) in any terminal (not just xterm) you can get it form any
> of the GNU mirrors eg...
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/gnu/screen/

Use the Debian package if this is what you want, screen is in its own
Debian package in the misc section.

Are you talking about switching between "desktops" under X?  Most
modern window managers under X support some form of multiple desktops
and virtual desktops.

--
Brian