> Partition F:
> Recycled
> ffastun.ffa
> ffastun.ffl
> ffastun.ffo
> ffastun0.ffx
>
> I suppose my question is this:
>
>   How important are these files?
>
>   Can I safely delete them (whilst using fdisk - linux version)?

You can safely delete these files.

The last 4 are index files that are created by the "findfast" program.
Whenever you do a "Find" (its a menu item on your Start button), it
uses these files to do the search.  Every partition has these to index
the files on that partition.

Recycled is a directory of the files you've deleted on that partition.
Probably empty (or nearly so) as well if you haven't ever used
the partitions for anything.

>   Are there any hidden files that I need to worry about?

Shouldn't be.  You can check what hidden files you have with
"dir /s /a:h".

Kirk