Re: ftp/telnet fails since upgrade

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 08:40:42PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:

>I have, however, recently run into a problem. Since I upgraded, I can no
>longer ftp or telnet to my machine. ("421 Service not available, remote
>server has closed connection", and "Connection closed by foreign host").
>I'm not sure if this started happening when I installed potato, or when
>I installed kernel 2.2.7. I think it was the latter though.

It happened when you upgraded to Potato.

Potato seperates a lot of the services that used to be in one package
into several packages...you want to install the telnetd package to be
able to telnet to your box.  you'll probably want to look at the
packages under net carefully to find out what other services you're
missing...

 - flip

------------------------------------- flip@csh.rit.edu/flip@octoraro.org --
"From moning till night, I stayed out of sight;
 didn't recognize I'd become no more than alive,
 I'd barely survived.  In a word:  overrun."
    -- Pink Floyd, Wearing the Inside Out