Time setting - local time?

Hallo,

Since I have upgraded my Debian system to Slink, my clock is not showing
the local time - universal time instead.  That is when I use it as user.

Look at this:

root@Johann(13)$ date
Mon Jun 14 23:41:26 SAST 1999

That is the correct time but about a minute before that:

jhspies@Johann(17)$ date
Mon Jun 14 21:40:16 /etc/localtime 1999

The following information has been given:

        South Africa

Therefore TZ='Africa/Johannesburg' will be used.
Local time is now:      Mon Jun 14 23:41:18 SAST 1999.
Universal Time is now:  Mon Jun 14 21:41:18 UTC 1999.
Is the above information OK?
1) Yes
2) No
#? 1

It seems that the system reports universal time for the user and local
time for root.  I want to use local time.  How do I correct that?

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of
      God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,
      holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable
      service."       Romans 12:1