Re: gpm troubles on potato? (kbd-related?)

I had some problems similar to this on a recent potato install. On this
machine, the Logitech PS/2 mouse connects to a separate mouse port instead
of a standard serial port. Both kernels 2.0.36 and 2.29 had the same
issue. Turned out that /dev/mouse pointed to /dev/ttyS0 when it needed to
point to /dev/psaux. Resetting the /dev/mouse symlink and setting the
protocol in /etc/gpm.conf to ps2 fixed it.

Ernest Johanson
Web Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary