Re: Debian not included in Infomagic's June LDR (plus a little advocacy)

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 10:31:35 -0400, David Teague wrote:
> Isn't InfoMagic the outfit who has historically delivered broken or out of
> date Debian stuff on their CDs?

Yes.

> Didn't they put the broken "1.0" on their CD without bothering to check
> the appropriateness with the organization?

They put what amounted to "unstable" (the unreleased development tree) on CD
and labelled it "1.0". Afterwards, the FTP site was reorganised to make it
dubbleplusclear what was released, and what wasn't.

[This is not in the Debian Project History]

In a later CD set, they had corrupted packages and a mismatching or missing
Packages file. Afterwards, Debian introduced the policy of providing
ready-to-burn ISO images.

[I doubt this is in the Debian Project History either]

Putting a positive spin on this, let's just say that Infomagic has triggered
a lot of improvements in Debian's release engineering process.

Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks