Re: BE MORE SIMPLE!!!!

Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> Personally, I think that explains a lot of "Y2K": managers have allowed
> themselves to abdicate responsibility for what goes on inside the glass
> room.  Right now, there's even a bill before Congress to limit
> companies' liability for Y2K problems.  As if they're acts of God or
> something!

Acts of greed is more like it.  Greedy management that forces the prototype
to be issued as the final version, and that refuses to spend any real money
on fixes as opposed to features.  Greedy users who will only spend real
money on features as opposed to stability releases.  Greedy programmers who
take the easy way out, rather than working harder, taking more time, but
doing a quality job.

There's more than enough blame to go around.

--
Charles B. (Ben) Cranston
mailto:zben@ni.umd.edu