Re: Debian not included in Infomagic's June LDR (plus a little a

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 13:10:13 -0000, Pollywog wrote:
> Is there something magical about Infomagic CD's?

The only thing magical about them (besides having broken or out of date
Debian packages just about every other set) is that they're widely available
in book stores here in Europe.

> I understand they are lousy CD's and there are other vendors, such as
> CheapBytes and LSL, which probably deliver a better product.

But you have to be on the net already, and have a credit card to use them.
For many starters, it's much more easy to simply go to a decent bookstore,
and buy a CD set.

Trust me, Debian would have more users than it does today if a company would
put it on the bookstore market in glossy boxes.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.