Re: Matrox G200 and ATI 3D acceleration

ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> Not at all a joke. I know right where on ATI's website where they say the
> 3D API for the mach64/mach128 cards is propriatery and private. On the
> other hand, I recently received email from ATI's marketing department
> which insinuates that the 'developers' (Xfree and/or OpenGL/Mesa
> developers) have the 'programming information' (3D API documentation)
>
> Can anyone confirm ATI's opening their 3D implimentation to development?
>
> --Ian Dalton

I have an ATI Rage Fury (128 GL), and I had several mails with ATI, in the last
one, I asked them WHEN they will transmit all the documentation needed to the
xfree86 staff. They answered me: 'ask the xfree86 team'.... May be we'll have a
nice new ATI server till the end of the year???
JY
--
Jean-Yves Barbier   <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
Membre fondateur du CGE