Re: Matrox G200 and ATI 3D acceleration

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, scratch wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
>

> > I'm also looking for the G200 drivers. :> Unfortunately, I no longer have
> > my G200 machine, but I hope to be getting it again soon. Now to get OpenGL
> > drivers for my Mach64. ;>
>
> I presume that last one was a joke. Or isn't it?
>
> -- nico (i have a mach64 based card :))

Not at all a joke. I know right where on ATI's website where they say the
3D API for the mach64/mach128 cards is propriatery and private. On the
other hand, I recently received email from ATI's marketing department
which insinuates that the 'developers' (Xfree and/or OpenGL/Mesa
developers) have the 'programming information' (3D API documentation)

Can anyone confirm ATI's opening their 3D implimentation to development?

--Ian Dalton