Moving a kernel

I want to compile a kernel on one machine and move it to another, but am
having som problems.  The kernel README (2.2.9) just says to compile it,
copy it to where lilo looks for the kernel, and run lilo.  I've done this
on the other machine, and I get to the "loading linux" message and then
nothing happens.  It apparantly finds and uncompresses the kernel, but
gets no farther.  I'm at a loss of things to do.  Do I need to move more
files than just the kernel?  Can anyone help me out?

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."