Re: do I have to use Redhat?

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, John Foster wrote:

> If this is not a production system, i.e. you make a living with it, You
> could go ahead and install potato. I have had no real problems with it,
> when installed from scratch, as it is reasonably solid. The only other
> way is to build a custom rescue disk image with the compiled kernel
> image that you need on it.

There are no install disks for potato yet. I also had trouble with this
very problem a while back. My solution was to borrow a supported
controller for installing slink and then building a new kernel and
swapping the controllers back. There was really no other way.

BTW, the 2.0.37-pre series supports these controllers. I suppose I should
get busy and build a set of boot floppies that uses this kernel.