Re: PPP where for out thou?

Andy Bottman wrote:

>         I rebuilt my kernel and have lost support for PPP, when I use 'pon'
> it says the kernel lacks support.
>         I keep rebuilding and using 'make menuconfig'  and I choose PPP
> support under networking.  I can't find any other reference to PPP.
>         What am I missing?
>
> Thanks
>   ANDY

>   ANDY BOTTMAN
>     Andy@AntiFact.com

Someone else mentioned in a similar thread a earlier this week that this
message doesn't necessarily mean that the kernel does not support ppp;
that it could be simply to a misconfiguration, etc of your dial-up
settings. But then again, since it (apparently) was working before the
recompile, you're probably right to think it's a problem in the kernel
settings. You might try using insmod as Dennis said earlier today on the