Re: systemtime

*- On 10 Jun, Thorsten Manegold wrote about "systemtime"
> Hi!
> What does the file /etc/adjtime do?
> It seems that when it is there hwclock.sh that is called at startup
> always sets my systemtime to some funny value...
>
> Any ideas?

Read the hwclock man page, there is a discussion about this file and
its use.

% man hwclock
[....]

The Adjust Function
       The Hardware Clock is usually not very accurate.  However,
       much of its inaccuracy is  completely  predictable  --  it
       gains or loses the same amount of time every day.  This is
       called systematic drift.  Hwclock's "adjust" function lets
       you  make systematic corrections to correct the systematic
       drift.

       It works like this: Hwclock keeps  a  file,  /etc/adjtime,
       that  keeps  some  historical information.  This is called
       the adjtime file.
[....]

Is it off by a fixed hour everytime?  I think Debian by default sets the
hwclock to GMT/UTC time and then sets the local time according to your
timezone. Run tzconfig and make sure your timezone is correct. I am not
an expert on this so this is about all the advice I can give.

Anybody else have more concrete advice?

--
Brian