Re: ESD and x11amp

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Thorsten Manegold wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I want to compiele x11amp so that it usese esd. However the configure
> > script does not find esd.
> > I installed enlightenment 0.15.5 from source to /usr/local.
>
> You can get esd from your preferred Debian mirror, just install the
> packages esound, libesd0, and libesd0-dev (for compiling)

I have the slink version of libesd0 and esound installed, but their
version is not sufficient.
The debs from the unstable branch seem to be linked to libc2.1...

Also I have esound (0.2.8 I think) compieled from source in
/usr/local but it seems like it's not found there...

> Also, the x11amp deb has esound support, so you don't need to compile if
> you don't want to.
Yes, but the deb-package for the  beta1.1 version is linked to libc
2.1 which does not work with slink.

Ho can I have configure find essound in /usr/local ...

TIA
Thorsten Manegold