Re: BE MORE SIMPLE!!!!

First of all, calm down. Debian is produced by volunteers, on their own
time. It's not a company and no one is being paid. So if you aren't
willing to work on the web site, at least be polite!

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, John Hall wrote:
> Webmaster at Debian,
>
>   How in the world do I download Debian? I've been at your site for 30
> MINUTES and have gone to every distribution link on it, but there's no
> singular link that actually downloads ALL 2250 files of Debian, and WHO
> in the world is going to down load TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY
> FILES one at a time!!

You don't have to do that. :-)

>From www.debian.org, click "Release Information" under "Getting Started"
(you might need to scroll down a bit). From that page, click "Install
Manual for Intel x86."

Alternatively, on the left-hand side of the page, click "Download FTP."
Scroll down a bit and click "Instructions for Installing Debian."

Alternatively, on the left-hand index, click "Installation Instructions"
then "Install Manual for Intel x86."

If you prefer, you can purchase a CD with a nice book describing the
install process from Linux Press; it's called the Debian User's Guide or
something like that. A similar book will be out from MacMillan in the near
future. You can also get CDs from various vendors; the web site may have
links to them.

There are also non-Debian options, such as Red Hat's box set, which comes
with install manual and phone support.

Havoc