Re: LaTeX

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 07:05:46AM -0700, Lev Lvovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to use LaTeX for a project in one of my classes, and was wondering
> whether anyone could recommnd a particular type that does
> mathematics-related things (integrals etc..),  i'm quite a newbie to LaTeX
> (understatement), so a GUI-based version would be cool.
>
> thanks for any help!
> -lev

Judging from the question, you most definitely are newbie... heh, heh.
The basic steps in using TeX/LaTeX are
1. type/edit ASCII file, say 'test.tex'
2. run 'latex' to get 'test.dvi' containing all the font references
3. run 'dvips' to get Postscript file 'test.ps' or run 'xdvi' to
    preview the .dvi file
You can also produce PCL file for HP Lasejet printers.

As for the integrals,
    \int_{0}^{\infty}	-- produces integral from 0 to infinity

William Park