SV: SV: A little further: Short newbie question

I don't have an isp for the computer (silly, I know), and I have already
installed the base system, which seems to be in fine working order. What I
did was to swap the hd into a WinNT box (on my LAN w/ 100Mbit connection at
work) and download the lot to that, but I somehow managed to loose the
directories along the way. I'll try doing another download and remember to
reformat the dos-partition to vfat to allow long names.
Thanks again for all the help; I'm slowly beginning to understand...
Regards
Vitux

Error is human; complete disaster takes a computer