slink to potato

The lure of all the shiny bleeding-edge glibc2.1 apps has gotten to
me, and I've decided to upgrade to potato.  I stuck the unstable
directory of a couple mirrors in my sources.list, selected to update
all of the required and recommended packages, put all the optional
& extra packages on hold (except those that other packages wanted
me to upgrade) and started downloading.  I've got 10 more hours to
plan my battle strategy before the moment of truth, so I'm here to
ask what else I'll have to do.  I'm still using the stock Debian kernel,
and I know it will have to be replaced... is the "linux" kernel from the
potato/main/disks-i386/current directories of one of the FTP sites
the kernal I should use?  If I overwrite my kernal with it after all the
new potato packages are done being set up, will things work?  Or is
there more to it than that?  Thanks for any help.

--
Craig McPherson
The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR

"This man walks into a bar... and it hurts!"