Re: A couple of questions.

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Monte Copeland <copelandm@icx.net> wrote:

> What is the name of the program that allows one to take a snapshot of
> your desk top. I have used it before but I can not remember the name.
> I am trying to convince a potential convert to switch from windoze,
> but I need some jpeg pics to show her.

If you have the ImageMagick package installed you can use the import
program. The following passage is from the import(1) manpage:

	To capture the entire X server screen in the JPEG image
       	format in a file titled root.jpeg, use:

	            import -window root root.jpeg

HTH,
Raghavendra.

N. Raghavendra, Mehta Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,
Allahabad 211 019, India.
Fax: 91-532-667576.
Phone: Office: 91-532-667511*2020  Home: 91-532-667511*4020.