Help: EtherNet Mentor

I am trying to set up a small ethernet network.
I am so far failing at step 1?
Trying to get my ethernet card recognized as a device (NE2000 Clone).

I am looking for someone to guide me thru this process, I don't need my
handheld but need a little direction.  I have been putzin around with the
how-to's for months, answers are not as obvius as some would attest.

Would someone be willing to help me out, I would gladly pass on any
knowledge gained to another poor sap in the future.

THANK YOUR GENEROUS SOULS
  ANDY

  ANDY BOTTMAN
    Andy@AntiFact.com