Re: problem with libgnomeui32 1.0.9-3

"Luis M. Garcia" wrote:

> ""Raphaël\"@scuzzy@francemel.com"UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR,
>  wrote:
> >
> > I have d/l gnome-apt with apt-get and it of course has d/l and installed
> > some others package like libgnomeui32. But now, every gnome application
> > tells me:
> >  gnp: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32: undefined symbol: gdk_imlib_get_cache_info
> >
> > I do have imlib installed. I've tried recompiling libgnomeui but it
> > complained about a bad version of libz.I have libz.so.1.1.3 wich was
> > with the slink I think
> >
> I had the same problem, and it was caused because the gdk-imlib1 package
> was not updated during the gnome install (is this a bug in the dependencies?).

I believe it is - I posted with it to the mailing list some time ago and
was told that it wasn't a valid/useful bug report because I couldn't say
exactly what package was missing what dependency. My thoughts on the
most likely problem, and someone pointing out a flaw in my theory, can
probably be found in the list archives. If other people are having the
same problem, then it should probably be fixed.

By the way, I should amend the comments I made at the time. I postulated
that some package (I forget which) didn't depend on another; the reply
pointed out that the dependency actually was there. My theory now is
that the dependency didn't specify the correct version of the package (I
remember it just named the package, not a specific version).

Hope this helps,
Stuart.