Re: X fonts.

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Fu-Dong Chiou wrote:

  Can anyone tell me how to make
> the Chinese fonts available in X?  I have the following fonts in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc
> etl14-sisheng.pcf.gz

AFAIK  alias.dir and alias.fonts
 are updated automatically  by intlfonts* but I'm pretty sure emacs
doesn't use .pcf fonts anyway. Excuse me if I'm twisting your question
slightly. Xcin  uses .pcf fonts and the shell script that comes with it
will even fire up crxvt  (assuming you installed rxvt-ml_2*) and the
input window with your  favourite input method. There the phonetic.tab
will let you both changjei and chuyin and pinyin.tab will more likely
appeal to any non-native shinese speakers.

Best of luck Chip,

regds,

The Professor

angus claydon