SV: OT: dual processor question

Hi.
I can't recall any ps/2 model being able to run a dual processor setup,
definitely not the old ones. What the other socket is for is most likely a
coprocessor, or FPU, which would speed things up a bit when running programs
that have the capability of using an FPU, like CAD/CAM applications, some
graphical and layout progs and so on. In my opinion the most efficient way
of upgrading your old PS/2's would be to install more ram. Ram is good for
all functions in the computer, not just the floating-point calculations.
About breaking the 'board: It depends which proc's are installed. Late 486's
and on mostly have a small lever on the side of the socket, which you lift
and the proc' is released. 386: use moderate violence. Try to support the
'board so it won't die from stress. A cowboy-trick is to gently wedge a
small screwdriver between the proc' and socket and try to pry it off.
Good Luck

Vitux

Error is human; complete disaster takes a computer