Re: PCMCIA modules & kernel compiles

> I installed slink on my laptop, and compiled my kernel with
> everything I need. Now when I try loading my PCMCIA netcard, I
> get some unresolved symbols. I compiled the ne.o net driver as a
> module, and that reduced the number of symbols not found, but are
> still complaining about 2 functions it can't find.

PCMCIA cards get their drivers from the pcmcia-modules, a different source
tree.  You can disable the ethernet card section in the normal kernel.

Get:

kernel-package
pcmcia-source
some kernel-source

do:

make menuconfig (or whatever like normal)
make-kpkg kernel_image
make-kpkg modules_image

install the resulting two debs (kernel_image and pcmcia-modules).