Re: dselect/APT problems

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 fairfax@pclink.com wrote:

> I have main and contrib on CD, and I have non-free in a separate
> partition on one of my hard drives (I wasn't able to find CD's for
> this).  This was not a problem under the last version, as I could tell
> dselect that I was mounting from a directory that was already mounted,
> and it never noticed that part was on CD and part was on the hard drive.

Grab the 0.3.6.1 version of APT from http://www.debian.org/~jgg - it is
compiled for slink. Use the apt-cdrom tool to get APT to recognize your
CD(s)  and give APT a file: uri for your locally downloaded non-free
mirror. You may also want to specify a http site for non-us,
proposed-updates and the latest slink. If you list them in order of
locallity (ie put the CD first, mirror next and the remote sites last)
then when it choose the CD whenever possible.

Jason