Re: Monitoring remote server

Hey Christian,

Big Brother 1.08 isn't unstable at all.  Go to
http://maclawran.ca/bb-dnld and get the latest tar ball (1.09b or c).
It has many nice features and runs very well.

John C. Ellingboe
www.guntersville.net

Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have recently gotten our web server set up running Debian slink (What a
> joy!). I was wondering what the easiest way would be to monitor the
> server and get an email and/or page if the server goes down. I have seen some
> tools that are available in potato (one of them being "bigbrother"), but I would
> not like to "experiment" on a web server serving 2.000.000 hits a week
> installing from unstable. The easiest would maybe be to run something on my
> workstation (Debian potato) that monitors the web server (the web server is
> only accessable for me over the Internet, no lan etc....).

> TIA
>
> -----------------------------------
> Regards,
> Christian Dysthe
> Email: cdysthe@bigfoot.com
> http://www.bigfoot.com/~cdysthe
> ICQ 3945810
> Date: 05-Jun-99
> Time: 21:25:46
> Powered by Debian GNU/Linux
begin:          vcard
fn:             John C.  Ellingboe   -   KE4BPW
n:              Ellingboe   -   KE4BPW;John C.
org:            The Guntersville Computer Center
email;internet: john@guntersville.net
title:          Owner/Admin
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE