Re: XDM problems

On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 08:20:11PM +0100, Philip Armstrong wrote:
  On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 03:06:52PM -0400, Chris Flipse wrote:
  > I can log in through *dm, and everything works fine while I'm working in
  > X.  However, occasionally, when I log out, instead of bringing up the
  > login app again, I get a series of red and black vertical stripes on my
  > monitor, and my machine is hardlocked.  Have to reboot it from the
  > hardware, which is a bad thing.
  >
  > Does anyone have ANY idea about this?

  I used to get this with a buggy Xserver. Are there XFree86 3.3.3.1
  packages available for slink yet? Maybe an upgrade would help

Sorry...guess I forgot to mention:

I'm running bleeding edge Potato, as updated earlier this afternoon.

Currenty running XFree86 3.3.3.1 using the s3v server.

 - flip

------------------------------------- flip@csh.rit.edu/flip@octoraro.org --
A pessimist says the glass if half empty.
An optimist says the glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass is twice as large as it needs to be.