Re: X windows manager?

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Fu-Dong Chiou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally get an X server to run, but still seem to have a lot to work
> out.  It seems that I am assigned a windows manager (or none at all) that
> is not so desirable.  The xterminal in X has no title bar, so the window
> cannot be dragged and moved.  I tried to copy .xinitrc under the home
> directory, and tried to assign fvwm95 as the windows manager, but it
> didn't seem to work.  Would appreciate any help.

Edit the file /etc/X11window-managers. The first one in the list is the
one started by default, so just add /usr/bin/X11/fvwm95 to the top of the
list and fvwm95 will start automagically.

There's also a way to set it for your individual login using a .xsession
file in your home directory, but i don't know the details of that offhand.