Re: linking X11 libs with automake - "standard" way?

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Martin Waller wrote:

> I'm trying to learn automake/autoconf and was wondering if there's a
> standard way to link in various X11 libraries (X11, Xt, lesstif, etc.).
>
> I can't find any info on that in the docs I've got.

i'm trying to learn those too. i sort of have it working, but then again
i'm not doing X yet.

Looking in the autoconf info page, it looks like AC_PATH_XTRA in your
configure.in might be what you need. It defines X_CFLAGS, X_LIBS,
X_EXTRA_LIBS, and X_PRE_LIBS to the appropriate values, which you can then
insert in CFLAGS, etc.