PS/2 vs Serial mouse.

Hi,

I have a question regarding using a Logitech cordless MouseMan Pro PS/2
mouse on a Compaq LTE 5200 notebook.  Although it is a PS/2 mouse, I can
only hook it up to COM1 to get it to work in X.  If I plug it into PS/2
port, the cursor won't move.  I assume it's because ttyS0 is taken by
COM1 and not PS/2 port.  Can anyone tell me if this is the case, and
which one is for PS/2, or will the mouse work as a PS/2 mouse?  I am
using "MouseMan" as the mouse protocal.  Thanks!

Best wishes,
Chip