Help with afbackup

Hi

We have four machine here that we wish to backup (better: we NEED to
backup). After trying amanda and not getting anything we switched to
afbackup.

There is one machine with the tape (the afserver) and four clients
(including the server itself).

We are trying to do the four backups. We start the first one and
everythinf is ok, but when we start the second one the server starts
complaining with messages that say something about media-sense and
recovery error to end with mt: input/output error.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening.

/proc/scsi/scsi says the following about the tape:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SONY     Model: SDT-5200         Rev: 3.26
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02

thanks for any help. If necessary i will send the some of the
configuration files.

--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt