Re: New Riva TNT Linux drivers

Steve Kondik <stevek@stargate.net> writes:
| im running the new code now.  its great, quake2 rocks, but the code is still
| a little choppy.  and i could only get the xserver started in 16 or 32 bpp,
| and at 32 i got segfaults.  at least its an effort.

That's good to hear. Dave Schmenk (the developer) does mention that
you only get hardware acceleration at 15 or 16bpp in the FAQ. Anything
else, he states, will fall back to the software renderer. Of course
segfaults don't seem like a good fallback scheme! :)

But, I concur, it's a great step in the right direction and now maybe
some of the CAD/FEA folks that I depend on for a lot of my
graphics-oriented software will start considering Linux as a good
platform to target.

Thanks for the reply Steve.

Gary