ipchains and firewalls

Anyone prepared to give me a hand with my ipchains firewall, or show me an
example of one of there firewalls. I have an old ipfwadm firewall I wrote,
but I think it needs work, and plus it stops dns zone xfers to my secondary
dns server on the net, when I lock it down tight.

Thanks in advance, also got to say, since I started using Debian on the
weekend a few days back, I have been impressed. apt-get is so cool. The
author has to be proud, it is the best form of util I have seen. Dselect was
tricky, but I managed to figure it out with help from friends. Thought
Dselect was a pain when uninstalling smail to use qmail. :)

Cheers
Michael