Re: Ability to read MS Word files

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, adasoft wrote:

> I need to read the text content in a  MS Word file on NT from outside of
> MS-Word in a batch program to create a list of all the words contained in
> the document. Any suggestions ?
>
> Supriyo Sircar

Assuming that the files are MSWord 8 files, try to WordToTxt script that
is included in the mswordview package (probably not the most efficient way
of getting there, but it works.

Robert.
----
Robert King, Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Australia
3875 6677   Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au   http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/

"This library is open one hour each fortnight.  No book shall leave these
 premises. We have sworn it with an oath!"
 -- Library of King Ashurbanipal, Babylon, ca. 3000 BC.