Re: Floppy Mounting Problems

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 02:45:21AM -0500,
Brad <lists@anomie.dhs.org> wrote:

> Did you try umounting /floppy? i had this problem when i was playing
> around with smbmount (stupid !@)#' $(%^&* characters in the sharenames)
> (literally those characters, especially &, ', and space) and it would
> fail and leave the directory wedged... IIRC umount fixed it.

Nope, it says /floppy is not mounted according to mtab, which is correct,
/floppy is not mounted. Someone else suggested checking the codepage modules,
but this is not the problem. I have no problems mounting/umounting floppies
until I (try to) mount a non-formatted one. Just in case, however, I loaded
the modules manually anyway. No luck. Like I said, I can still mount the
floppy to other directories, but that doesn't solve the problem. The
floppy module never gets unloaded and /floppy can't be mounted to. This
is unacceptable.

I would think this is a bug in the kernel (the mount() call) or in the mount
program, since mount segfaults before its done. I'm guessing it isn't
unlocking the directory or something.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

Don't you try to out-weird me! I get stranger things
than you free with my breakfast cereal!
--Zaphod Beeblebrox