GNOME Installation

I'm trying to install GNOME by hand, and I need to install libgnome32 to
continue.  When I try to install it, I am told that it depends on having
libgnomeui32 installed.  But when I try to install that, it says i need to
already have libgnome32 in.  This happens with a few other files, also.
What's going on here?  There's no possible way to install these files.  I
really want to get GNOME installed, and I can't with these files not working.
 Thanks.

Colin Winters