Re: GNOME Installation

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 03:42:56PM -0400, Morgoth3@aol.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install GNOME by hand, and I need to install libgnome32 to
> continue.  When I try to install it, I am told that it depends on having
> libgnomeui32 installed.  But when I try to install that, it says i need to
> already have libgnome32 in.  This happens with a few other files, also.
> What's going on here?  There's no possible way to install these files.  I
> really want to get GNOME installed, and I can't with these files not working.
>  Thanks.
>
> Colin Winters
>

> --

Just do a "dpkg -i --force-depends package-name" to install a particular package,
ignoring the dependencies. Once you are done, run "dpkg --pending --configure",
then "apt-get check" to make sure all of your dependencies are met. If not, run
"apt-get -f install" to fix them.

For future reference, why are you installing GNOME by hand? Is it not easier to
just do an "apt-get install task-gnome-desktop <and other task packages>"?
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com