Re: XF86Setup question

I think I've missed some conversations about XF86Setup
going on over the last 2-3 days. I remember somebody
complaining about XF86Setup, not writing the XF86Config
file. I had a similar problem when XF86Setup was just not
adding the extra modes that I wanted to test to my config
file. That is, I only had mode 1024x800 "defined" in my
XF86Config file (in the "modes" section), and it did not
know how yo handle other modes.

How can I find the correct modeline for my monitor (a 17"
multisync) at this point, assuming I have to edit the
XF86Config file manually??

Fethi Okyar
Research Assistant
Computational Solid Mechanics