Re: XF86Setup

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, moron wrote:

> >In the XF86Config file, in Section "Screen", add a "Virtual" parameter to
> >each subsection, and set it to the max res for that subsection.

> I've got a dozen 'Subsection "Display"' entries - under Driver Accel,
> Driver SVGA, Driver VGA16 and Driver VGA2.  In each case there is one line:
> Modes "1024*768"    "800*600"    "640*480"
> If I split the line or insert  eg 'Virtual 800 600' in the middle, I get an
> error message when I 'startx'.  So can you tell me where I put these lines?

Actually, I may have misinterpreted your question. You can only have one
Virtual for each subsection, which you would set to the maximum res:

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       16
        Modes       "1152x864-75c"
                    "1024x768-101"
                    "800x600-81"
                    "640x480-99"
        ViewPort    0 0
        Virtual     1152 864
    EndSubsection

What you may want is a way to turn off panning for all the modes in the
subsection, but I don't see this in the XF86Config man page.

...RickM...