RE: ICQ programs for Debian GNU/Linux

        I have tried most of the ICQ clones available and I find that micq is
the most stable! And does the least weird stuff like loosing messages. The
command line thing is quite neat also; I found it unexpectedly good to not have
to click to recieve messages - saves lots of time! :). Unfourtunately it
doesnt look like micq is debianized; but its compiles easily out of the box so
thats okay. I forget the URL; but just search on freshmeat and youll find it!
        However, since micq doesnt do file xfers; I use gtkicq whenever I have
to accept file transfers from people who are too clueless to login to me ftp
and send it over:)
HTH!
Tim

E-Mail: Timothy Hospedales <timothy@smasher.rs.itd.umich.edu>