Re: x etc

On Mon, 31 May 1999, tf wrote:

> hey all
>
> Well, I'm connected.  really not all that hard, but it sure took me long enough.
>
> Ok.  I have xfree86 3.3.3.1 on a disk someplace, but they're tar.gz
> files (those nicknamed tarballs?)  can I "alien"those things?

Debs are available in unstable, if you use potato. Or if you're sticking
with stable (not a bad idea), you could download the source debs from
unstable and compile them on your slink machine.

> also, I have the pine source package, plus the other pine package
> (whose name I can't remember)  I installed those using dpkg-i, which
> means that the source is just sitting there.  should I remove the
> packages and go about it a different way?

Did you follow the instructions in /usr/src/pine/README? If you have, then
you can uninstall the source packages without any problems. If you
haven't, you might want to do so before uninstalling the sources ;)