x etc

hey all

Well, I'm connected.  really not all that hard, but it sure took me long enough.

Ok.  I have xfree86 3.3.3.1 on a disk someplace, but they're tar.gz files (those nicknamed tarballs?)  can I "alien"those things?

also, I have the pine source package, plus the other pine package (whose name I can't remember)  I installed those using dpkg-i,
which means that the source is just sitting there.  should I remove the packages and go about it a different way?

thanks
-t